We are proud to unveil the new and improved IBC website, which is, and will remain, free-access and open to everyone! We hope that you will be happy with the improvements, which you will quickly see for yourself, although here we’ve included a summary of the top benefits and some examples to explore.
But this is only the beginning! With the new IBC now in place, we can concentrate on strengthening and adding to this solid base, always listening to the IBC community and what users are looking for in an ornithological multimedia library. Together we have come a long way and together we will take the project even further! Many thanks for your support and participation.
Top benefits of the new IBC
- Example: If you are planning a trip to Oulanka National Park, in Finland, just type “Oulanka” and you’ll quickly find all of the material from that locality.
- Example: If you want to see photos of Albatrosses displaying, you can get just what you’re looking for in a few clicks.
► In the new species account, there is a world map shaded to show all of the countries with material of that species. Also, you get free access to the full taxonomy and distribution texts of the species on HBW Alive, and there are links to view and filter the photos, videos and sound recordings of the species.
Example: Now it’s very easy to see all the videos of the Common Nightingale (Luscinia megarhynchos) singing!
Example: If you want to see photos of different sandpiper species, just type Scolopacidae in the global search bar and in the resulting family page you’ll see a list of all of the waders. Just click on any species to go to its account!
- Example: Enjoy the impressive plumages of Wilson's Bird-of-paradise (Cicinnurus respublica) in its photo gallery!
- Example: The Helmet Vanga (Euryceros prevostii) slideshow is really spectacular!
- Example: You can view the species list of a contributor, which includes all of the species for which he/she has material and number of photos, videos and sound recordings of each; click on any species or material total to explore further.